KISHU forums
KISHU.ca CONTROL PANEL - Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Calendar Member List Frequently Asked Questions Search Logout Home
KISHU Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 KISHU Forums > Discussion > Community > Calgary Arcade Information
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nigel
W-IND

tell corey to buy the machine...i sponsor $20 XDDD

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post Sep10, 05 12:50am
nigel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nigel Click here to Send nigel a Private Message Find more posts by nigel Add nigel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scappy
Team Kunai

Quote:
Originally posted by Luminous
EC management is SHIT.

If only a good arcade existed in Calgary ...

thats it! lets go jack up toronto

A bird with one wing who flies south will end up east from where he came.

Old Post Sep10, 05 1:31am
Scappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scappy Click here to Send Scappy a Private Message Find more posts by Scappy Add Scappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by nigel
tell corey to buy the machine...i sponsor $20 XDDD

I sponsor $20 as well!

Old Post Sep10, 05 2:20am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hero
AE Owners Club

That will never happen, not now that is. There is not a large enough population that is interested in arcade games, most of the Hongers either go to Van city or Toronto, what we get are redneck natives running around checking each of the token refund slots on every machine in hopes on getting some spare change.

Eau Claire use to be a fantastic arcade imo, but then people that work there sell tokens under the table, open machines for their buddies, some are buying keys online, or they buy tokens off ebay for cheap, it's not surprising Eau Claire is losing money. I don't blame them for not maintaining the machines. The ticket machines at the front are always out of order and I always see someone working on them whenever it happens, but how come no one bothers with the initial d machine? I think it's because Eau Claire knows people are not willing to pay, even when it was $1.00 a game, so why bother? We are at fault for this as well.

I have to agree though the price increase for tokens is pretty dumb, whoever came up with it to cover up for their loses must be completely retarded. They're losing even more money now that it is so expensive for one game, they only rely on the little kiddies and their parents at the front trying to get that cool teddy bear behind the counter when they trade in their tickets. Disgusting.

I guess EC is retarded in what they're doing up until now, and we have some responsibility in forcing them to do what they do. Fuck.

I guess I'll have to invest $20.00 too..
*shrugs*

AE Owners Club

Old Post Sep10, 05 3:16am
Hero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero Click here to Send Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Hero Add Hero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

good analysis, however I'm going to have to disagree mainly due to what I've observed.

I've basically visited all the major arcades in Canada this year and they're not supported by a movie theater. So how do they make money? cause they don't have shit ass dumb management.
I can go into detail ...

What is my basis for assuming shit ass management? I do not assume anything, I take everything by what I see including the fact that I've seen EC go from semi-boom to bust. The recent years you've seen lots of kids at EC right? The fact is on paper, they had been losing money even then.
How do I know this? I know people who work there and have been working there for years.

Old Post Sep10, 05 3:30am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hero
AE Owners Club

Yes I did state their management is retarded, but what can we do about it? Better get that E-bay aution going

AE Owners Club

Old Post Sep10, 05 4:08am
Hero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero Click here to Send Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Hero Add Hero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

Everyone pitch in $20, and we will have the machine soon

Old Post Sep10, 05 7:19pm
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

I flatened EC tokens into the shape of Studio tokens. I'll test them out tomorrow but if they work, we'll be in business

Old Post Aug19, 07 7:20am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

oh yeah, they work like a charm
set a model record with it today.

http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas...=23&area=73

Last edited by razorsuKe on Aug20, 07 at 4:45am

Old Post Aug20, 07 4:43am
Ovacho

Wow when did that run happen? You didnt say anything about it. Anyways thats a real feat with those crappy cabs.

Old Post Aug21, 07 7:37pm
Ovacho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ovacho Click here to Send Ovacho a Private Message Find more posts by Ovacho Add Ovacho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

what do you mean I didn't say anything? I made a whole thread about it! LoL

http://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=31088

Old Post Aug22, 07 10:55am