KISHU forums
KISHU.ca CONTROL PANEL - Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Calendar Member List Frequently Asked Questions Search Logout Home
KISHU Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 KISHU Forums > Discussion > Community > Calgary Arcade Information
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
razorsuKe
KISHU

Arcade Information

http://kishu.ca/locations.php For website reference.

Eau Claire Cinescape Downtown
v2 - 4 seats // V3 - 4 seats
2 ($0.66) tokens everything // 3 ($0.99) tokens everything
5 win max streak on both V2 and V3.
Notable Games: Time Crisis 3, Maximum Tune, MvC2, handful of DDR's, PIU
Situation: Largest selection of games in town, most activity in town... Well kept, most racing wheels are in good condition. With the new and improved token system, EC seems to be back half throttle.

EC Token Bag Deals
With $10.00, you can get a bag of 35 tokens. A net gain of 5 big, shiny, tokens.
With $20.00, you can get a bag of 75 tokens. A net gain of 15 rather large and shiny tokens.

V2 - EC Wheel Condition (from left side to right)
1st wheel: Crap
2nd wheel: Crap
3rd wheel: Better Crap
4th wheel: Okay, but card reader doesn't work

V3 - EC Wheel Condition (from left to right, as of Nov. 13th)
1st wheel: best wheel. end of story.
2nd wheel: spins and spins, and, well, spins.
3rd wheel: faulty wheel. worse wheel.
4th wheel: okay wheel. sometimes shifts left to right.

EC Common 'Teams'
Kishu: Dominant team in Calgary.
YYC & project.Arif: Led by Mr. Aaron himself, his "blingin' rims" auto MRS is out to take the World.
YD: (Young Dragons?) Buncha little asian kids who aren't that great. Often seen Friday afternoons.
NYT(#: Seen a couple times, hold a few records. Known members are one white guy (#3), and one brown guy(#1), using an S2000 and FD3S respectively.
MK: Ran his mouth about being able to best Kishu.. Most of his records got beat by Rocky (among others) without a lot of effort. Drives an Evo III.
"School Crew": Three friends who play ID, "priding themselves at owning people when Kishu's not around". Board and card names are: Phoker (Nammr - Evo IV), Euroboi (Josh. - AE86) and Quaddot (.. .. - Capp/GC8V).
Other 'Good' Players*: Rocky (Evo III), Flame (Evo3/S13), S.L. (Evo IV), ssjlink (Paolo - AE86/FD3S)
Other players to note: JARDO, M.C.K.
( * = not a team; no particular order.)

Notables: 1) First V3 place in Calgary. 2) If you sit on the right seat of a cabinet, enter coins to your right! Otherwise, you'll be giving the left side some free plays 3) A lot more people are playing V3 compared to V2. 4) New ID style game called "Wangan Maximum Tune" has become very popular; Much like ID, ID activity has decreased since its release)

University of Calgary Campus Cove Northwest
v3 - 2 Seats (upgraded cabinets from v2)
$1 dollar for EVERYTHING
3 win max streak.
Notable Games: GGXX, lots of new games.
Situation: Scene is dead around summer and weekends mostly but is filled with people during school days.

V3 - Campus Cove Wheel Condition (from left to right)
1st wheel: Straight aligned, but still jerky. (Tony - 10/26)
2nd wheel: Makes clicky sounds, but is oh so loveable. Also, screen's contrast is pretty FUBAR.

Notables: 1) CC has lotsa games, but its a little more cramped than the more open-spaced Eau Claire.

Chinook Mall Famous Players Theatre Southwest
v3 - 2 seats (upgraded v1 cabinets I guess, just ask Wes)
$1 (4 tokens) for all, I'm assuming.
neither sides work for card readers as of beginning of october. could be fixed.
Notable Games: Outrun2
Situation: It's mostly a movie theatre; not much gaming action.

Country Hills Silvercity Northwest
v1 - 2 seats
$1 for everything.
Notable Games: DDR Extreme
Situation: Like Chinook, its more so a movie theatre.. not much else. Good DDR Extreme pads.

Notables: 1) ID isn't played much there. 2) Sometimes there's a lot of kids, which is annoying.

Other Places
Mikes Billiards - useless now that v2 is gone.
Ruckers N/S - kiddies and nothing but, avoid like the plague
Southern Fun Downtown - Go ahead if you're a casual player of casual games or like to hang around natives.

Last edited by Luminous on Nov14, 04 at 5:34am

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post Jun16, 04 8:28am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

The Cove got a major rearrangement job.

You cannot see Initial D from outside anymore.

Oh, and they have GGI, Mike and team stock play that game A LOT.

Old Post Jun16, 04 11:41am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

I know, I'm taking summer class.

Old Post Jun16, 04 1:40pm
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMI

You guys got the gay win max boshit too?

suks.. i got the stupid 15k so many times.. i miss the days of 10+, but that was way back when the ID scene was at its peak.

Old Post Jun16, 04 7:54pm
DMI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DMI Click here to Send DMI a Private Message Visit DMI's homepage! Find more posts by DMI Add DMI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocky
FC3S Power

I'm usually dropping into EC, and Silvercity is close, I can try and keep it updated for you if you don't find anyone ^_^

Currently, I must say that 2nd wheel at Eau Claire is the most god amazing wheel ever. If its still as good as it was Tuesday, and for a while before that, its definitely the wheel you want. I can't believe how much better I play when I'm behind this one =O

As for Silvercity... 16 theatres, expensive but high quality seating and screens =P Quite a lot of people on Friday and Saturday nights, ranging from all types. DDR Extreme is mostly sucky players up there... I think those nice new pads are slowly taking a beating from people too heavy thinking they're too good =P V1, they're kinda like Mike's in the regard they don't know much about it, but they keep their games and shit updated. Just, be careful, cuz there's a lotta little kids playing the Go-Karting game to the right of ID =P

"If there is such a thing as a natural talent for driving, it just means that the person will improve a little bit faster than everyone else. There's no such thing as an innate talent that overcomes repeated effort and practice... Do you understand Daiki, Sakai? Winning and losing is a matter of how experienced you are."

Old Post Jun16, 04 11:38pm
Rocky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky Click here to Send Rocky a Private Message Visit Rocky's homepage! Find more posts by Rocky Add Rocky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swordstalker
kishu

Go show off DDR skills there, its fun.

Old Post Jun17, 04 12:53am
swordstalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swordstalker Click here to Send swordstalker a Private Message Find more posts by swordstalker Add swordstalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocky
FC3S Power

Quote:
Go show off DDR skills there, its fun.
That's what Ayla does.

...Coincidence? Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm bored, I should go play V1 or something >.>

"If there is such a thing as a natural talent for driving, it just means that the person will improve a little bit faster than everyone else. There's no such thing as an innate talent that overcomes repeated effort and practice... Do you understand Daiki, Sakai? Winning and losing is a matter of how experienced you are."

Old Post Jun17, 04 1:11am
Rocky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky Click here to Send Rocky a Private Message Visit Rocky's homepage! Find more posts by Rocky Add Rocky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swordstalker
kishu

... .

Old Post Jun17, 04 1:51am
swordstalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swordstalker Click here to Send swordstalker a Private Message Find more posts by swordstalker Add swordstalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by swordstalker
... .

You know you wannnnnna

Old Post Jun17, 04 2:59am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocky
FC3S Power

kishu smileys say it all XD

Old Post Jun17, 04 4:07am
razorsuKe
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocky
That's what Ayla does.

...Coincidence? Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm bored, I should go play V1 or something >.>

HAHAHAHA OMG OMG OMG

Rocky is in on it too!! :thumbs: to you.

And no, Cove 2nd wheel is best in calgary. Problem is, theres no sound, well theres sound but its so faint, you can't hear shit.

I'm making Rocky mod.

And sometimes the max win isn't in effect at EC.
And at EC, I would rather have max win, faster points for me and that shit is dirt cheap with the $10 bag and all.

Old Post Jun17, 04 5:20am
Luminous
KISHU

I swear, one day Drew will actually listen to us, and go on ahead.

Then, he'll thank us for finding his future wife for him.

Old Post Jun17, 04 12:09pm
Rocky
FC3S Power

Just a heads up if you guys don't know; Cheap Eau Claire tokens work at Silvercity, so if you're into V1 or DDR Extreme w/ big crowds and good pads, get a bag from EC and then go to SC =P

Old Post Jun17, 04 2:49pm
razorsuKe
KISHU

save tokens that you can use for v2 on v1 =

Old Post Jun17, 04 9:07pm
azn_ghetto
Feel 100%

i heard the english version 4 ver3 is out

any1 no when we get it??

JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DIVE XD

Old Post Jun17, 04 9:42pm
azn_ghetto is offline Click Here to See the Profile for azn_ghetto Click here to Send azn_ghetto a Private Message Find more posts by azn_ghetto Add azn_ghetto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote