KISHU forums
KISHU.ca CONTROL PANEL - Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Calendar Member List Frequently Asked Questions Search Logout Home
KISHU Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 KISHU Forums > In the Arcade > Initial D Arcade > Dude.. this sucks..
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
aKeio

Dude.. this sucks..

Dude... my 100k Evo 4... does fine on LotS, until I go and try race Ryosuke on.. Iro i think? IT IS JUST FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH UP.. I pull clean turns and shit... but he just too GODDAMN FAST.. tips?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post Apr17, 05 1:00am
aKeio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aKeio Click here to Send aKeio a Private Message Find more posts by aKeio Add aKeio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scappy
Team Kunai

try erasering if you dont already (quickly down shifting then up shifting just before a turn) also dont off gas that much as its not really needed too much on tsuchi. also try watching videos to figure out the best lines to take. this is pretty much all the help i can give without seeing you play

A bird with one wing who flies south will end up east from where he came.

Old Post Apr17, 05 1:25am
Scappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scappy Click here to Send Scappy a Private Message Find more posts by Scappy Add Scappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

uh ... Scappy

bad idea.

DON'T try erasering.

Just stay off the walls.

Old Post Apr17, 05 2:25am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phomaniac
kishu

your all wrong.

1) get the start, know your shift points and turn in.

if 1) fails, pass him before the long straight

2) do not fuck up, do not go slow, if you got the lead keep it no matter what

3) comp is hard compared to v2.

4) i am retired. i probably cannot beat Ryosuke either right now

Old Post Apr17, 05 3:45am
phomaniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phomaniac Click here to Send phomaniac a Private Message Find more posts by phomaniac Add phomaniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scappy
Team Kunai

Quote:
Originally posted by Luminous
uh ... Scappy

bad idea.

DON'T try erasering.

Just stay off the walls.

for some turns it helps, especially the last turns on inbound. i dont know anyone who doesnt eraser those hairpins. i didnt mean to say use it on every turn. i simply meant use it on turns when appropriate. my bad lol

Old Post Apr17, 05 5:10am
Scappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scappy Click here to Send Scappy a Private Message Find more posts by Scappy Add Scappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by Scappy
for some turns it helps, especially the last turns on inbound. i dont know anyone who doesnt eraser those hairpins. i didnt mean to say use it on every turn. i simply meant use it on turns when appropriate. my bad lol

thats not the issue here.

No one is arguing the effectiveness of using eraser, we're saying that this is not the best thing to do if you're just starting out.

You must learn proper turning, throttle and brake control before eraser has a significant effect in timing.

Old Post Apr17, 05 5:49am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swift
TEAM WIN!!!

i think that is hitting the nail on the head lol ^_^

Old Post Apr17, 05 12:25pm
Swift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swift Click here to Send Swift a Private Message Find more posts by Swift Add Swift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aKeio

1 More question, I don't mean to thread hijack but... I was watching some akina evo4 vids this dudes feint drifts were awesome, doing the akina corners at like 140 and the hairpins 130. Was wondering if its done like this

1) Approach from inside lane
2) approx 10-15m from apex swing out
3) Brake and Erase?
4) Swing back in aiming car towards apex
5) Gas?

Old Post Apr17, 05 12:26pm
aKeio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aKeio Click here to Send aKeio a Private Message Find more posts by aKeio Add aKeio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Asuma
Team Kunai

Quote:
Originally posted by aKeio
1 More question, I don't mean to thread hijack but... I was watching some akina evo4 vids this dudes feint drifts were awesome, doing the akina corners at like 140 and the hairpins 130. Was wondering if its done like this

1) Approach from inside lane
2) approx 10-15m from apex swing out
3) Brake and Erase?
4) Swing back in aiming car towards apex
5) Gas?

Dont try to erase... it will result you in you looking really crappy, and probably hitting every wall.

The key is to brake and NOT hit any walls, maybe aim for exits around this?
turn 1 -> 125 exit CLEAN should pwn ry
turn 2 -> same thing
turn 3 -> 120 exit
turn 4 -> 115 exit?
s turns (annoying ones you probably screw up on) -> if you have to, ungas a little bit
right hand of death -> brake a LOT, exit high 120s (remember clean is all that matters)
big left -> exit 130 try
hairpins -> try to exit first one around 115, next 110, 110, 115 (cleannnnn)
cp4 turn 1 -> 120 exit
cp4 turn 2 -> 125 exit
cp4 3-> 135 exit
last turn -> shouldnt matter ;p

Aslong as you hit minimal wall, you should absolutely KILL ry with these exits, just keep practicing

Old Post Apr17, 05 1:08pm
Asuma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asuma Click here to Send Asuma a Private Message Find more posts by Asuma Add Asuma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phomaniac
kishu

umm is it just me or does no one else release that he is racing RY on IRO!!! and i think 125 clean on the first turn of iro should win no matter who the opponent

Old Post Apr17, 05 2:17pm
phomaniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phomaniac Click here to Send phomaniac a Private Message Find more posts by phomaniac Add phomaniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scappy
Team Kunai

oh, haha. i read over it fast and thought he meant tsuchi.

Old Post Apr17, 05 4:10pm
Asuma
Team Kunai

Quote:
Originally posted by phomaniac
umm is it just me or does no one else release that he is racing RY on IRO!!! and i think 125 clean on the first turn of iro should win no matter who the opponent

... ry on iro huh. My guide was for akina. Phomanic, perhaps its been way too long since you played?
iro -> hawk, kyle, cain.

Old Post Apr17, 05 9:33pm
Asuma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Asuma Click here to Send Asuma a Private Message Find more posts by Asuma Add Asuma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

but he says ry on iro....

Old Post Apr17, 05 10:44pm
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Asuma
Team Kunai

Quote:
Originally posted by razorsuKe
but he says ry on iro....

;p ok
Chances are that if he didnt know the course name, it was ry on akina (if he made it to tsuchi, he'd at least know it)

err... imean... yeah Ry is so tough on iro, he tends to pass so early then just motor.. through the jumps and all... yeah..

Old Post Apr17, 05 11:09pm
Scappy
Team Kunai

asuma=

Old Post Apr18, 05 1:56am