KISHU forums
KISHU.ca CONTROL PANEL - Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Calendar Member List Frequently Asked Questions Search Logout Home
KISHU Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 KISHU Forums > Discussion > Tournament & Battle Report > USA Namco Tournament
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
razorsuKe
KISHU

USA Namco Tournament

I'm considering driving to the states to participate in the Namco USA wide tournament.

The closest arcade is like a 4hr drive, looks exactly like Calgary -> Edmonton but a little longer and.... south not north.

Who's down?
If no one is interested in going to hickville, USA, we can goto Seattle instead.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post Sep26, 04 9:03pm
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

heres a map of the drive
the Star = the closest namco arcade

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?e...;name=&qty=

Old Post Sep26, 04 9:04pm
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K.D.
Firemen/kishu

Dates...

And we'll see

Sacred Tengoku
WMMT3 - 820HP : GDB-C, CT9A VIII, R2
WMMT2 - 815HP : BNR32, BNR34, GC8

Old Post Sep26, 04 9:54pm
K.D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K.D. Click here to Send K.D. a Private Message Visit K.D.'s homepage! Find more posts by K.D. Add K.D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

http://www.namcoarcade.com/promo_initwangan.asp

Dates for ID is 23 & 24 I think

Rules posted here:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Project_...hp?showtopic=17

Quote:

Initial D ver3 Rules: 10/23-24/04

Fee: $6 per entrant (multiple entries are allowed)

Receipt: All entrants will receive a ticket with Initial D artwork on it - similar to the poster - to use as their tournament pass

Seeds: The seeds will be determinded as follows: We will have a time trial (one run) on the Usui course using the car of the manager's choice. Remember, the course must be Usui, and EVERYONE MUST USE THE SAME CAR. Seeds will be given out based on the time trial, best score being number 1, all the way down to the slowest time. This will determine their placement in the bracket.

Tournament Format: Single elimination bracket based on the seeds determined in the time trial.

The Tournament: Competitors may use their own car (modified), BUT HAVE TO USE THE SAME CAR DURING THE EINTIRE TOURNAMENT.

Higher seeds gets choice of track.

Lower seed is allowed to pick conditions.

Initial rounds are one race to determine winner.

Semi-finals are the best 2 of 3 races.

Finals are the best 3 of 5 races.

Initial D ver3 Corporate Challenge

Top 3 winners qualify for the Corporate Challenge for the big prize.

Qualifiers may choose one car for the race.

The car may be different from the one they used in the tournament.

The race consists of a 3-course combined time trial (the times from all three courses will be addes together).

Default selection for direction of all courses.

Weather condition is to be "DRY"

Time of day is optional.

The three courses to be run are, in order:
1. Happogahara
2. Shomaru
3. Tsuchisaka

Only one run per course may be made.

Individual winners and their times will be posted on the Namco Website.

Grand prize will be shipped to the tournament winner in 4-6 weeks.

Old Post Sep26, 04 10:09pm
K.D.
Firemen/kishu

Fuck, not my tracks

And Altezza/RX-8 meet...

We'll see if I have the long long weekend or what

I need to play more to get back in shape too =S

Sacred Tengoku

Old Post Sep26, 04 10:17pm
K.D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K.D. Click here to Send K.D. a Private Message Visit K.D.'s homepage! Find more posts by K.D. Add K.D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phomaniac
kishu

okay.... if i get 1st seed, im picking akina snow with umm... any car... yea, that sounds okay. everytime. you can pick w/e condition.

Old Post Sep27, 04 12:17am
phomaniac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phomaniac Click here to Send phomaniac a Private Message Find more posts by phomaniac Add phomaniac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by phomaniac
okay.... if i get 1st seed, im picking akina snow with umm... any car... yea, that sounds okay. everytime. you can pick w/e condition.

hahahaa, I dunno why, I read that, read the rules again, read that again and LOL'd

Old Post Sep27, 04 12:27am
Luminous
KISHU

Well make sure your passports aren't expired, haha.

Old Post Sep27, 04 3:14am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocky
FC3S Power

If a Canadian won it, I'd laugh. It being a "USA Wide" tournament after all.

Do'ya think maybe Jobo or 2fast would show up?

"If there is such a thing as a natural talent for driving, it just means that the person will improve a little bit faster than everyone else. There's no such thing as an innate talent that overcomes repeated effort and practice... Do you understand Daiki, Sakai? Winning and losing is a matter of how experienced you are."

Old Post Sep27, 04 3:24am
Rocky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocky Click here to Send Rocky a Private Message Visit Rocky's homepage! Find more posts by Rocky Add Rocky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paldin
kishu

I'm down

Old Post Sep27, 04 4:07pm
Paldin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paldin Click here to Send Paldin a Private Message Find more posts by Paldin Add Paldin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocky
If a Canadian won it, I'd laugh. It being a "USA Wide" tournament after all.

Do'ya think maybe Jobo or 2fast would show up?

Canada > USA in ID
Its a proven fact.

Old Post Sep27, 04 5:02pm
Paldin
kishu

Even Western Canada > USA?

Old Post Sep27, 04 6:45pm
Paldin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paldin Click here to Send Paldin a Private Message Find more posts by Paldin Add Paldin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

no, Western USA > Western Canada

But so far its only cause of Bart.

Vancouver dominates those first 3 courses no one plays and like... akina up. Can't touch that shit.

Old Post Sep28, 04 1:02am
Paldin
kishu

Is this in October?

Old Post Sep28, 04 1:09am
K.D.
Firemen/kishu

I touch that shit...

But I don't play no more...

I NEED ENGLISH CARSSSSS

Sacred Tengoku

Old Post Sep28, 04 1:10am