KISHU forums
KISHU.ca CONTROL PANEL - Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Calendar Member List Frequently Asked Questions Search Logout Home
KISHU Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.2 KISHU Forums > In the Arcade > Initial D Arcade > very new to the game - need help
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
brassmunk

very new to the game - need help

alright i never really played this game before until my friend showed me how good it was. well whats the best car to start off with like an all rounder for every track? also, can someone give me hints on perfect timing to turn and stuff like that.

btw, i wanted to start of with a AE86 but something tells me thats not a wise choice

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post Oct23, 05 2:55am
brassmunk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brassmunk Click here to Send brassmunk a Private Message Find more posts by brassmunk Add brassmunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luminous
KISHU

Best choice for starting up ...

FD, 8V

Old Post Oct23, 05 5:28am
Luminous is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luminous Click here to Send Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Luminous Add Luminous to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

or ER34

Old Post Oct23, 05 6:47am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scappy
Team Kunai

pffft enough with the skyline gt

go with something more versatile like evo4 or rx8

A bird with one wing who flies south will end up east from where he came.

Old Post Oct23, 05 7:21am
Scappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scappy Click here to Send Scappy a Private Message Find more posts by Scappy Add Scappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

Quote:
Originally posted by Scappy
pffft enough with the skyline gt

go with something more versatile like evo4 or rx8

uuhh... er34 is pretty good on all courses (except snow) where as evo4 sucks on:

akagi dh
akagi uh
akina dh
akina uh
happo ob
happo ib
sho ob
sho ib
and most wet courses

rx8 is the best car in the game but if you start with that, the handling will really fuck with your concept of the game.

Old Post Oct23, 05 7:25am
razorsuKe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for razorsuKe Click here to Send razorsuKe a Private Message Visit razorsuKe's homepage! Find more posts by razorsuKe Add razorsuKe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brassmunk

i probably should start off with a er34 or rx8. thx with the help

Old Post Oct23, 05 3:29pm
brassmunk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brassmunk Click here to Send brassmunk a Private Message Find more posts by brassmunk Add brassmunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hero
AE Owners Club

Personally, I don't like to drive Skyline's becuase they seem too "wide" and I can't handle it. The RX-8 is the rigged car in the game, I've never driven one but there seems to be records on every track with it so I'm guessing it's a pretty decent car. 86's are easy to drive, real drifty so the chances of you going straight into the wall is less than an understeer car like the S2000 for example. Alot of people like Evo's as well because they are strong and got alot of power. You might want to consider the 180sx as well, it starts up quick, corners quite well, and is overall a nice car to start off with. I started off with an FC back in ver.1 and I thought it was a pretty good car. Just pick one you think would suit you for now because it is very likely you will switch to another car sooner or later and then you'll be able to play around with different cars until you find the one you really like.

Welcome to the board and the game.

AE Owners Club

Old Post Oct24, 05 2:44am
Hero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero Click here to Send Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Hero Add Hero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yuvster
TeaM IggY

i started v2 using fd spirit...v3,i started wit a capp then i changed to the rx8...the rx8 needs a lot of getting used to compared to other cars...work hard on it n u'll drive it well..if u dont,well that abt it...anyways,wat im trying to say is,start wit a car which u like..thats how i started anyways...

Old Post Oct24, 05 9:32am
yuvster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yuvster Click here to Send yuvster a Private Message Find more posts by yuvster Add yuvster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
razorsuKe
KISHU

yeah, I'd go with FD or 8V unless you want to be unique and go with ER34

rx8 will be hard to run some courses with but it's very powerful

Old Post Oct24, 05 3:23pm
Scappy
Team Kunai

rx-8 -> understeer^max

A bird with one wing who flies south will end up east from where he came.

Old Post Oct24, 05 4:11pm
Scappy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scappy Click here to Send Scappy a Private Message Find more posts by Scappy Add Scappy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brassmunk

Quote:
Originally posted by Hero
Personally, I don't like to drive Skyline's becuase they seem too "wide" and I can't handle it. The RX-8 is the rigged car in the game, I've never driven one but there seems to be records on every track with it so I'm guessing it's a pretty decent car. 86's are easy to drive, real drifty so the chances of you going straight into the wall is less than an understeer car like the S2000 for example. Alot of people like Evo's as well because they are strong and got alot of power. You might want to consider the 180sx as well, it starts up quick, corners quite well, and is overall a nice car to start off with. I started off with an FC back in ver.1 and I thought it was a pretty good car. Just pick one you think would suit you for now because it is very likely you will switch to another car sooner or later and then you'll be able to play around with different cars until you find the one you really like.

Welcome to the board and the game.

thanks that helped me and all the other replies and yea im most likely gonna switch cars every now and then until i find one that suits me

Old Post Oct24, 05 7:52pm
reyherks
## This bitch is banned! ##

Use skyline bnr32 because this car is no.1 at rain and do averange at dry.AND it is very top spped at myogi if u r begeiner n u wan battle ppl but no confidence use bnr32 then challange ppl at myogi wet if u eat the line inside n u turn well at the grande curve then u should win wan.So i feel skyline is a good battle car 4 beigeiner.Remember,4 challange ppl skyline+myogi+wet+good technique=Game Over.

Old Post Mar15, 06 1:48pm
reyherks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reyherks Click here to Send reyherks a Private Message Find more posts by reyherks Add reyherks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkPaladinZZ

Quote:
Originally posted by reyherks
Use skyline bnr32 because this car is no.1 at rain and do averange at dry.AND it is very top spped at myogi if u r begeiner n u wan battle ppl but no confidence use bnr32 then challange ppl at myogi wet if u eat the line inside n u turn well at the grande curve then u should win wan.So i feel skyline is a good battle car 4 beigeiner.Remember,4 challange ppl skyline+myogi+wet+good technique=Game Over.

block your ass the entire way=Game Over
and apparently..your grammar = instant game over too..no re k thnx bai

Old Post Mar16, 06 12:29pm
DarkPaladinZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DarkPaladinZZ Click here to Send DarkPaladinZZ a Private Message Find more posts by DarkPaladinZZ Add DarkPaladinZZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reyherks
## This bitch is banned! ##

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkPaladinZZ
=Game Over
and apparently..your grammar = instant game over too..no re k thnx bai
haha if he is the bloker king oso canot blok at myogi wet until end 1 bcoz when a grand curve his done will canot good as skyline n i tel u if rocket start good than that my speed is 231 n u speed max is only 207 la how u blok use ur brain la if u r block your ass the entire way then when u meet a passing your ass at anywhere u will get this=go home buy a vmachine and practice. otherwise my grammar game over 4 wat u go home n buy a machine practice 1st la

Old Post Mar16, 06 1:02pm
reyherks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reyherks Click here to Send reyherks a Private Message Find more posts by reyherks Add reyherks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DarkPaladinZZ

Quote:
Originally posted by reyherks
haha if he is the bloker king oso canot blok at myogi wet until end 1 bcoz when a grand curve his done will canot good as skyline n i tel u if rocket start good than that my speed is 231 n u speed max is only 207 la how u blok use ur brain la if u r block your ass the entire way then when u meet a passing your ass at anywhere u will get this=go home buy a vmachine and practice. otherwise my grammar game over 4 wat u go home n buy a machine practice 1st la

rocket start?? how about fucking ver.3 and learn some english while you are at it?? for someone like you ..you sure talk a lot of shit.. how about getting some concrete proof to back up that verbal diarrhea syndrome of yours???
and "use ur brain la" ..meet at a passing?? the only place you would have a chance to pass is the GC..that means you have 2 chances to pass...since you can full gas the first one.... it wouldnt be that hard to block for two turns..skyline or not....so how about you go home.. and buy a fucking machine..learn to play..and for the love of god..learn some fucking english..

Old Post Mar16, 06 1:17pm
DarkPaladinZZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DarkPaladinZZ Click here to Send DarkPaladinZZ a Private Message Find more posts by DarkPaladinZZ Add DarkPaladinZZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote